Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Coming Home



            The last day of our awesome, wonderful, and amazing Florida trip was today. I feel awful nostalgic writing this right now, but I know it’s time for me to come back to my life here. This morning after breakfast, I went to the beach again to pray and to say goodbye. I sat on the sand and watched the waves which were so much closer on the shore than yesterday. I sang a few worship songs, walked on the sand, put my feet in the water, and said goodbye. Since there was hardly anyone there, it was the perfect time for reflection and prayer. It was also a good time for me to bid farewell to my new favorite place. I miss it so much already, but I’m also glad to be home.

            When we had finished packing up at the hotel, we returned our rental car and headed into the airport. I can’t imagine how hard it must’ve been for my mom to drop us off there. I was super anxious when we first went through the gates by ourselves. Because it was an international airport, there was more security stuff we had to do. I was patted down for the first time ever. It actually wasn’t too awkward for me because I was wearing a dress. Now the people with pockets are a different story! Anyway, we made it through security with no trouble and all our flights were very smooth.


        This picture doesn't even begin to describe how beautiful this actually looked while we were in the sky. But hopefully it helps you see what I'm talking about when I say the words cotton candy clouds!

            I think it is so amazing how beautiful God’s creation is. I was so awestruck at the ocean, but also while we were in the air. Our airplane was flying completely over clouds, all of them connected- you couldn’t see anything below us. All you could see was what looked like a blanket of white cotton candy beneath us and the gorgeous radiant blue of the sky. God’s beauty is not limited- it is everywhere. Everywhere I look, I see creation proclaiming the greatness of God. I don’t understand how people live their lives without Him. I have been so blessed and am so thankful to my Father. Thank you all so much for your prayers for us on this trip. I know that they played a huge part in the miracles we experienced here. In turn, I will also pray for you, that the same blessing that Jesus has bestowed on us might also fall on all of you who have taken part in this journey. What a gift this trip to Florida has been to me. Thank you for sharing it with me. I know that I will miss writing this blog and I know I will miss my beaches, but I know I am where I am supposed to be. And that is right here. The straight and narrow road is calling my name. It doesn’t matter where I am. I am embracing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment